Re: Crashes at C-x 1

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Crashes at C-x 1
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:46:44 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> As you see from the above, this only happens when Emacs is run
> from the window provided by Gnome-run.  What could cause that, and how
> should we go about debugging this further?

Unless you modify the startup scripts, things started on X login
(window manager, gnome panel, etc) have a quite different environment
than things started from a terminal (which has executed your shell
startup scripts).

So, I'd suggest checking out C-h v process-environment, and checking
for any error messages in .xsession-errors, .gnome-errors, or any other
file which looks like it might be getting written to.  Unfortunately,
different distributions throw errors in different places....

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
If God had a beard, he'd be a UNIX programmer.