address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Crashes at C-x 1]]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Crashes at C-x 1]]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:30:16 -0700 (MST)

Could you send us this info?

To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Crashes at C-x 1]
From: address@hidden (Mark H. Weaver)
Date: 07 Nov 2001 16:58:25 -0500

> Can you show me how to set up to test this case
> so I can try to debug it?

I'd start out by asking him to email us the output of:

  dpkg -l emacs21 emacsen-common xaw3dg xlibs xlib6g libc6 blackbox "bb*"

and

  ldd /usr/bin/emacs-21.1

That'll tell us the exact versions of some relevant Debian packages,
and it'll tell us what shared libraries are being linked against
emacs.  Hopefully, those versions will still be available somewhere.

I'd also ask him if his emacs21 debian package came from the official
Debian archive, or if it is an unofficial package built by someone
else.

        Mark