Re: Please help developing Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Please help developing Emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:52:08 +0200 (IST)

On 11 Nov 2001, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Hm.  Why was this restricted to the emacs-devel mailing list?

Because it was meant for the people who subscribe to emacs-devel,
people who have interest in Emacs development.

> Kind of like preaching to the converted.

I don't think so.  My message was written because I've seen too many
requests to work on something which remained without response.

> Since this is a policy change, why not post this to usenet?

I don't think it's a policy change; help of the kind I described was
always welcome.

> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
>
> but there really isn't much there.  I think we could do better! :)

Please suggest what to improve; patches to that page are greatly
appreciated.

See also http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs

However, please note that advertizing the project, while an important
goal, is not something I had in mind when I wrote my message.