More than 1 cursor in one window?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: More than 1 cursor in one window?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:57:59 +0100

Hi,

in pretest era, I reported the problem where I (sometimes) have more than
one cursor in one window. We tried to look at it with Gerd, but we did not
found the problem.

Today, I got it to extreme - I'm writing quite large reply in Gnus with
flyspell turned-on and do not look to the display. When I finished another
paragraph, I wanted to read the text again to proofread it. Here is what
I see:

http://www.janik.cz/tmp/emacs-many-cursors.png

(Please forgive these black boxes on the picture, it is private e-mail and
I do not want to make its content publicly available.)

Yes, seven cursors in one window. They will be cleared on next redisplay
(except the real-one, of course).

Have you ever seen something similar in 21.1 or HEAD? I have only seen one
similar report. Sometimes it happen in texinfo mode, sometimes in Gnus,
I have seen it in C mode too. Flyspell is turned on only sometimes. Each
"non-real" cursor is cleared when you go with the real-cursor over it.
--
Pavel Janík

printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");
                  -- 2.4.3 /ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.c