Re: More than 1 cursor in one window?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: More than 1 cursor in one window?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:01:42 +0100

   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:51:13 -0700 (MST)

   >     Yes, seven cursors in one window. They will be cleared on next
redisplay
   >     (except the real-one, of course).
   >
   > How did they appear?  Did they get left behind one by one when the
   > cursor moved away from there?

Yes. Exactly.

   > Could you identify any one operation that failed to erase the cursor?

On which level? As you can see from the screenshot, the cursor is always
left after SPC. Just after SPC you see two cyan boxes. One is always on,
second one is blinking. I can also sometimes reproduce it in other
modes/situations. Once, I was only browsing through C file, and it
happened after Down.

My theory of this is (please take this as it is, I do not know new display
engine to details): the problem is connected with blink-cursor-mode and
redisplay. I think that the desired matrix is not compared correctly with
the current matrix (so the old cursor is not cleared).
--
Pavel Janík

printk("; corrupted filesystem mounted read/write - your computer
          will explode within 20 seconds ... but you wanted it so!\n");
                  -- 2.4.3 fs/hpfs/super.c