Re: VC check-in and window configuration

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: VC check-in and window configuration
Date: 15 Nov 2001 00:38:42 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > Why should `switch-to-buffer' make a window non-dedicated, but
> > `bury-buffer' not?  How are they different?  I certainly use them both
> > in a similar way...
>
> bury-buffer would as well (it internally calls switch-to-buffer, IIRC).
> I.e. the above is not a no-op but it does restore the window layout.

I'm confused -- if bury-buffer sets the window to `non-dedicated', then
why would it `restore the window layout'?

[If you start out with one window, then pop-to-buffer makes two.  When
you say `restore the window layout', I assume you mean that it would
get rid of the window resulting from the pop-to-buffer.]

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen