Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:51:29 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Maybe it would also be useful to provide something like M-x
> comint-compile RET which sets up a comint buffer in
> compilation-minor-mode.  The `convenient' single-key bindings from the
> compilation major mode would become `C-c' bindings in compilation
> minor mode, so that would be a way for users to easily deal with
> highly interactive compilations.

Maybe it would make more sense to write a compile-minor-mode which we
could activate in shell-mode.  We have comint-mode stuff in
shell-mode, we have input history, scrolling, arbitrary shell commands
-- the only thing we are lacking is recognizing error messages, moving
around, and jumping to the source files.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/