Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:35:06 -0700 (MST)

    I agree that it is a good idea to send input to the compiler.
    However, I expect that it is not something the user wants to do
    really often, so how about binding a key (`s', say) to a command
    which reads a line (from the minibuffer, perhaps) and then sends that
    line as input to the compiler?

The drawback of this is that people would have to remember how to do
it.  If they can simply type in the buffer, they have nothing
special to remember.