Re[2]: doc-strings in src/ and the first line

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: doc-strings in src/ and the first line
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:37:23 -0500

>>> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:03:19 -0500
>> From: "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden>
>>
>> I searched around once, and posted a question to a newsgroup on how to
>> possibly link the byte compiler to produce checkdoc warnings for bad
>> doc-strings at compile time but came up empty.  Is that the sort of
>> project you are thinking of?
>
>What I had in mind is some kind of batch command that could be run
>from a Makefile, which would produce a warning about bad doc
>strings.  Adding such a feature to the byte compiler would also be
>useful, but the original motivation for this thread was the doc
>strings in C sources, not in Lisp files.
  [ ... ]

That should be possible.  After all, byte compilation is done during
the Make phase.  Why not checkdoc?  I already posted a Lisp snippet to
doc-check one entry from a DOC file.  I'll adapt it to pump out
warning lists for the whole thing over the holiday.  It'll be fuggly
but functional.  At least it will keep everyone busy. ;)

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                 address@hidden, address@hidden
   Home: www.ultranet.com/~zappo            Siege: www.siege-engine.com