Re: Language environments

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Language environments
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:57:47 +0200

> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:57:04 -0700 (MST)
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
>     > I do not see the waste.  What exactly is it that you think is a waste?
>
>     We define a sufficiently large data structure for several languages, with
>     the exact same contents, except for the default input method.
>
> It could be that one of these is redundant.  What specifically are
> these two data structures?

I'm talking about the set-language-info-alist calls in
lisp/language/european.el.  See, for example, the setup for the
Latin-1 environment and for Dutch, German, Spanish, and French
language environments.  They set up identical data structures, except
for the default input method, the Hello text, and the tutorial file
name.