Re: Language environments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Language environments
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:58:16 -0700 (MST)

    The glitches noted below hint that maintaining a detailed language
    catalog may be too much for Emacs's group of volunteers right now.  I
    think you'd need at least one serious hacker who is using each
    language; I can't see that happening for (say) Afar right now.

If we were considering the goal of making a "complete" set of language
environments right now, this would be a good argument against it.
However, if we invite volunteers to submit language environments
for languages they actually use, this will be no obstacle.