Re: autoload for define-ccl-program

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: autoload for define-ccl-program
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:23:34 -0500

> [It seems that I've sent this to the wrong list since I got no
> answer.]
>

> I need the following
>
>   ;;;###autoload
>   (define-ccl-program ...
>
> to avoid cluttering a file with auxiliary stuff.  I kindly ask for
> adding `define-ccl-program' to autoload.el if possible.  Otherwise
> please tell me how to do a workaround.

I saw it but I don't know what to do with that question.
Do you want it to work similarly to

        ;;;###autoload
        (defun balbla ...)

or more like

        ;;;###autoload
        (defvar blabla ...)

right now, the behavior is the same as for `defvar', so I assume
you want it to be more like `defun'.  In that case you'll probably need
to hack more than just autoload.el.  Because right now only elisp
functions, keymaps and macros can be autoloaded that way.

You'll need to find a representation for "this will be CCL after
to be used, do the `load'.

        Stefan