Re: Tramp and auto-compression-mode and load order

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp and auto-compression-mode and load order
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:26:25 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

>> It works to load Tramp first, then turn on auto-compression-mode
>> later.  But it does not work to turn on auto-compression-mode first,
>> then load Tramp.
>
> Last time this came up I suggested to choose entries based on where
> they match.  F.ex. jka-compr matches the end of the file name,
> so it should have precedence over ange-ftp and tramp.

I have tried your patch, and it works well for jka-compr and Tramp.
Yay!

To correctly implement Tramp, I need a way to test Emacs for this
patch:

(unless (emacs-has-stefans-patch)
  (when (and (boundp 'auto-compression-mode)
             (symbol-value 'auto-compression-mode))
    (error "Must load Tramp before enabling `auto-compression-mode'")))

But how to implement emacs-has-stefans-patch?

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)