Re: ispell language per buffer, not for all buffers

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: ispell language per buffer, not for all buffers
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:34:06 +0100

   From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:47:09 +0200 (IST)

   > I think restarting Ispell each time the user switches buffers is not a
   > good idea, since doing so loses the ``spelling history'': the words you
   > told Ispell to accept and maybe also those you told Ispell to insert into
   > the private dictionary.

You will not loose words when restarting ispell, because restart means you
are using different dictionary (so word in previous ie. different personal
directory are useless).

   > Or did you mean something other way of restarting?

I have no opinion on this yet, but we should also think of problems which
can raise when using modes like flyspell.
--
Pavel Janík

printk("Illegal format on cdrom.  Pester manufacturer.\n");
                  -- 2.2.16 fs/isofs/inode.c