lisp-indent-function

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: lisp-indent-function
Date: 23 Nov 2001 12:46:30 +0100

I had a very hard time finding out about `lisp-indent-function'.  I
did not know exactly how it is called, and how to use it.  I think it
should at least have an index entry in the Emacs Manual, e.g.

*** programs.texi.~1.64.~       Thu Oct 25 12:15:28 2001
--- programs.texi       Fri Nov 23 12:35:56 2001
***************
*** 480,485 ****
--- 480,486 ----
  additional columns beyond the open-parenthesis that starts the
  expression.

+ @vindex lisp-indent-function
    You can override the standard pattern in various ways for individual
  functions, according to the @code{lisp-indent-function} property of the
  function name.  There are four possibilities for this property:

(I'm not sure if it's correct to use `vindex' here.)

Also, I think the function by the same name in lisp-mode.el should
have a doc string that explains how it relates to the property, and
where the property is actually documented.  I would write these
myself, but I don't think I'm familiar enough with that code to do it.