Re: directory-sep-char

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: directory-sep-char
Date: 25 Nov 2001 21:19:17 +0000

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> I guess the question boils down to:
> Should we keep the current "sometimes display / sometimes something else"
> or should we just stop trying to display native paths or should we
> strive to display paths in native form as much as possible ?

Personally I think inconsistency is likely to lead to bug reports.
Since we have already decided that we cannot afford the effort of
ensuring that directory-sep-char is used everywhere it needs to be, I
think that only leaves the option to stop trying to display native
paths. The only thing I am not sure of is whether '/' is a valid
character in Mac paths. If it is, that could be a good reason for
keeping directory-sep-char and making the effort to consistently use
it.

--
Jason Rumney