Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:48:29 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

> In general, there is no need to consult the maintainer of some part of
> Emacs before making changes like this, or making obvious bug fixes.

May I suggest, once again, that we try to define what an ``obvious
fix'' is?  Here's the definition used by GDB:

    An "obvious fix" means that there is no possibility that anyone will
    disagree with the change. [...]

    A good mental test is "will the person who hates my work the most be
    able to find fault with the change" - if so, then it's not obvious
    [...]