I'd like to contribute to the pretest process for the next release

From: Brian Masinick
Subject: I'd like to contribute to the pretest process for the next release
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:03:09 -0800 (PST)

Now that GNU Emacs 21 has been released, I'd like to help with the pretesting
process with the ongoing development.  The best platform for me to test would
be any Linux platform, since I already have all of the necessary tools to build
the system.  I could also pretest on Windows 98 (and for a little while longer
on Windows XP Release Candidate 1), but I'd need binaries for those systems,
since I do not have a development environment set up - though I might be able
to get GNU tools for those platforms, too, in which case, I could build and
test from source.

How can I best assist in the process, and where should I look for source builds
or whatever mechanism is being utilized?

(great job on 21.1, by the way - I'm using it on several different platforms,
including a couple Linux releases, and a binary distribution on Windows - no
problems at all with the things I use)!

=====
--
Brian Masinick, "The Mas", mailto:address@hidden