Re: table.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: 27 Nov 2001 01:25:49 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> For example, if the DEFAULT-VALUE parameter is nil but the
> history is not, we should set DEFAULT-VALUE to the car of the
> history and add (default <bla>) to the prompt.  Obviously
> I haven't thought this through yet.

Actually I think that's one reason why the emacs C code [for reading
buffer names] uses the `Prompt: (default foo) ' style, because it's
easier to simply append '(default foo)' to an existing prompt than it is
to parse the prompt and put the `(default foo)' in the "right place".

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page