Re: backquote - old style

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: backquote - old style
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:08:55 -0500

> My pet peeve with the elisp files in Emacs is old-style backquote.
> (I wrote the appended code in 1999.)

The code is being slowly converted to new-style backquotes, so I don't
think there will be too many objections.  The only thing is that
experience seems to show that converting is not as straightforward
as it seems, so it's worth it to do it carefully.

Of course, if your automated conversion code can check correctness
by reading the result back in and comparing the before and after,
then there's no problem.

        Stefan