Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wild

From: William M. Perry
Subject: Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wildcards)
Date: 26 Nov 2001 16:53:48 -0500

Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:

>  PA> Yes, that was basically the idea.  So the idea was to swicth to
>  PA> URL syntax for everything bul local filenames, in particular ftp.
>
> Including escaping non-URL characters?

Sorry for the lag time in answering these emails. :(

I don't think we would _have_ to escape non-url characters if we are
dealing with something written by the user.  We would have to have some
code to sanitize them before sending them to the various protocol loaders
though.

-bp
--
Ceterum censeo vi esse delendam