Re: I'd like to contribute to the pretest process for the next release

From: Brian W. Masinick
Subject: Re: I'd like to contribute to the pretest process for the next release
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:58:12 -0500

Dear Richard,

Thanks for sending me the specifics for getting involved in the pretesting
activities.  I would like to test GNU Emacs as much as possible, and on as
many platforms as possible.  I am already an active "evangelist" for matters
of concern for GNU software, though I have not been as vigilant or accurate
about my use of terminology as I could be.  I will respect your request and
make every attempt to correctly refer to systems running Linux kernels as
being GNU/Linux systems.  I already do that when referring to Debian
GNU/Linux systems, but I would be pleased to do that elsewhere.

Please mark me down as a pretester.  I'll get out there and obtain software
from the Alpha site and stay informed, so that I know when stuff needs to be
actively tested.  Meanwhile, I remain a faithful GNU Emacs user and a strong
supporter of GNU software in general!

I have a copy of the pretest notes that I've saved in a safe place.  Thanks
for letting me get more actively involved in this process!

Brian W. Masinick
mailto:address@hidden