Re: visible-whitespace-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: visible-whitespace-mode
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:57:07 -0700 (MST)

    >From a quick look at the implementation of show-trailing-whitespace, it
    seems as if it would be fairly difficult to extend it to do what

Once people see how to do the job, it can't be much harder to have
show-trailing-whitespace enable it than to have some other flag enable
it.  So I think we should have one single interface to control all
these features.  The questions are

1. What interface should it be?

2. Where should the work be done?  In Lisp, or in C?