Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file and .el files?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:57:42 -0700 (MST)

    > But we don't have _any_ definition whatsoever.  I think we should have
    > one, otherwise I'm afraid we will be stepping on each other's toes
    > before long.

    I don't really think a `definition' is necessary, or even that useful.

I agree with you.  It would be counterproductive to make rigid rules
or discuss smaller changes in advance.

Most of the time we are working ok together now; we mostly do discuss
important questions in advance.  As long as people are prepared to stop
and discuss a change when someone else raises an issue afterwards,
we need not adopt strict rules of discussing them beforehand.