Re: text-property/intervals question

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: text-property/intervals question
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:34:55 -0500

>     I added the `eassert' and the documentation to make sure that
>     new strange situations are not introduced in the future.
>
> Since it's just as easy to make the function DTRT in strange
> situations, I think that is a cleaner solution.
> It means less for people to remember.

When fixing the bug that Miles mentioned, most of my time was
spent figuring out where to put the blame, and since both
callers of set_text_properties_1 tried to be careful to call
it with sensible values (except that one of the callers wasn't
careful enough), it seemed that the intention of the code
was for set_text_properties_1 to assume its arguments
where already sanitized.
Not that it matters anyway,

        Stefan