Re: Fringes and the emacs manual(s)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fringes and the emacs manual(s)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:19:23 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Richard Stallman wrote:

> A Help menu bar item to look at the Glossary would be useful.
> It could go in the Manuals menu.

I did that in my suggestion for the menu-bar changes I sent in another
thread.  The menu item asks for a string and looks up that string in the
Glossary, first as an entry name, and if that fails, as a string anywhere
in the Glossary.

I put this item directly under Help, since it seems to be too
important to hide it, and also because, from the user's point of view,
it's not directly related to the manual, but rather to the Emacs
terminology.