Re: Changes in the menu bar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in the menu bar
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:45:06 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?= wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Also, "Show Matching <whatever>" leaves me wondering: matching what?
> > Therefore, "Commands Matching regexp" is a better possibility, if we
> > want "matching" in the name of the menu item.
>
> How about saying "search in command names", "search in variable
> names", ..., "search in documentation strings"?

That sounds worse, IMHO.

These features are designed to produce a list of commands (or variables,
or whatever) whose names/values/doc strings match a regexp.  I think the
menu items should make it clear that such a list will be produced.  Thus,
something like "Find commands by name" is what I think we should look for.