Re: transient-mark-mode: change default

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: transient-mark-mode: change default
Date: 28 Nov 2001 18:17:23 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > > I was wondering why the default for `transient-mark-mode' is nil.
> > Because too many Emacs users loath that mode.
>
> Why would they ?
> (assuming mark-even-if-inactive is non-nil)

I think some people just don't like parts of the screen being highlighted
(perhaps they tend to use the mark more as a `mark' then as one end of
the region).

Of course, who knows what the current consensus is about this; when was
the last time a serious effort was made to poll users about t-m-m?

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!