Re: isearch C-o patch (post-freeze resubmission)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: isearch C-o patch (post-freeze resubmission)
Date: 30 Nov 2001 10:48:55 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> Personally, I change the syntax of _ to word in all modes and of - in
> emacs lisp mode (I really don't understand why this isn't the default).

Because both word- and symbol-manipulation commands are useful (after all,
the components of most multi-word symbols _do_ have meaning).  Since most
word-manipulation commands have an analogue that manipulates symbols,
there's little downside to having both.

In my case, I often use C-w in isearch to grab only the first few words of
a symbol, for instance, if the cursor is on `my_pkg_grundle_helper', and I
want to search for `my_pkg_grundle', or just `my_pkg'.

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia