Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wild

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wildcards)
Date: 30 Nov 2001 10:51:57 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> But I don't think that the current way substitute-in-file-name
> checks for file-name-handlers is enough since the url file-name-handler
> will simply not be called on file names like "/foo/http://blabla";.
>
> The substitute-in-file-name command has special support to recognize
> "/foo/a:/bar" under W32 and MS-DOS, but we need to make it more generic.

Is there any reason not to have substitute-in-file-name _always_ look
for appropriate file-name handers?  I don't think it's called all that
often, so speed probably isn't a real concern here.

-miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?