Re: Improvement Suggestion: Faces in Buffer Menu (patch included)

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: Improvement Suggestion: Faces in Buffer Menu (patch included)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:02:43 -0500

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to submit it for inclusion into Emacs as soon as I
> figure out a good way to make it faster for lots of buffers, without
> sacrificing functionality.

Well I finally spent a day on optimizing ibuffer.el.  It now compiles
`ibuffer-formats' into elisp, which is then compiled by the
byte-compiler into bytecode.  It seems to redisplay as fast as
buffer-menu for me, even with most features turned on.

So, I would like to submit ibuffer.el for inclusion into Emacs.  My
plan had always been to replace buff-menu.el, and I think I am
finally at the point where I feel it's complete.

This is the current CVS HEAD, which I plan to release as 3.0.  Any
comments are appreciated!