Re: CVS won't build :(

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: CVS won't build :(
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:01:01 +0000 (UTC)

> From: address@hidden (Kevin A. Burton)
> Date: 29 Nov 2001 15:09:46 -0800
>
> OK.  I have been trying to build CVS over the last few days with no success.

I just built from today's CVS snapshot, Fri, 2001 Nov 30 13:32 UTC,
using this command [as user `bob']:

     (progn
       (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/")
       (compile
        "./configure --with-type1 --prefix=/usr/local --with-sound=yes \
          && time make bootstrap"))

There were no reported errors.  Also, I installed the new snapshot
with this command [as user `root']:

    (progn (cd "/usr/local/src/emacs/") (compile "time make install"))

Again, there were no reported errors.  I started the new Emacs [as
user `bob'] with this command:

     /usr/local/bin/emacs -q --no-site-file --eval '(blink-cursor-mode 0)'

This snapshot successfully passes several test tasks -- find files,
show various fonts, evaluate some W3 test code, and run W3 mode.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com