Re: table.el

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 01:30:18 -0800 (PST)

01 Dec 2001 18:21:32 +0900: Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:
> > (defun kill-region-offset-by-5-wrapper ()
> >   (kill-region (+ beg 5) (+ end 5)))
>
> It's bad to require that a `wrapper' know the argument names of the
> function that invokes it; better to simply pass the arguments to
> `run-wrappers' somehow, and have them passed each wrapper as ordinary
> arguments.

No, I am intentionally making the normally discouraged conduct.  As
the name `kill-region-offset-by-5-wrapper' implies this wrapper
function is the extension of the kill-region.  It is perfectly
legitimate the extender knowing exactly what it is extending and
knowing how the original is implemented.

Since I am trying to create an extension mechanism I am fully taking
advantage of http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-paper.html#SEC18

-Tak