Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 16:47:19 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
> Date: 01 Dec 2001 16:17:11 +0100
>
> IMO, the ++++ and ---- indications in NEWS are highly confusing:
>
>      Temporary note: +++ indicates that the appropriate manual
>      has already been updated.  --- means no change in the manuals
>      is called for.
>
> This means that `no indication' is the way to specify that an entry
> still needs to be documented in the manual.  Backwards thinking?!?

No, it just makes sure that by default the new features are handled
as undocumented.  So if you forget to mark, someone will check it,
and add documentation if necessary.

> To me, it seems much more logical to put ++++ on the entries which
> are *not yet* documented - and remove them when done.

This assumes that everyone remembers to put the mark.  What if you
forget?

> And in the case where we don't have time to documented things in the
> manual before a release

This should never happen.  That's another reason those marks are
good: they stick out and ask to be documented. ;-)