Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.
Date: 01 Dec 2001 17:22:40 +0100

> > This means that `no indication' is the way to specify that an entry
> > still needs to be documented in the manual.  Backwards thinking?!?
>
> No, it just makes sure that by default the new features are handled
> as undocumented.  So if you forget to mark, someone will check it,
> and add documentation if necessary.

Good!  But maybe the

> > To me, it seems much more logical to put ++++ on the entries which
> > are *not yet* documented - and remove them when done.
>
> This assumes that everyone remembers to put the mark.  What if you
> forget?

Yes, that's indeed a valid argument!

BTW, the following lines are still present in 21.1 (and CVS) NEWS:
I guess they should be removed.

* Lisp changes in Emacs 21.1 (see following page for display-related features)

Note that +++ before an item means the Lisp manual has been updated.
--- means that I have decided it does not need to be in the Lisp manual.
When you add a new item, please add it without either +++ or ---
so I will know I still need to look at it -- rms.

* New Lisp-level Display features in Emacs 21.1