Re: table.el

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 09:58:33 -0800 (PST)

02 Dec 2001 23:35:57 +0900: Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> Note that lexical binding is _optional_ -- a source file has to have a
> file header that turns it on, like:
>
> ;;; ... -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
>
> As Kai says, variable defined via `defvar' will still be bound
> dynamically, even in a source file that uses lexical binding.

I vaguely see the mechanism now.  I was first guessing the change to
be in the lisp executer but I now suppose it is rather mainly in the
lisp reader right?  So it is not like changing the running mode from
dynamic binding execution mode to lexical binding execution mode which
I imagine will certainly cause a lot of backward compatibility
problems.

-Tak