Re: Lexical bindings (was Re: table.el)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Lexical bindings (was Re: table.el)
Date: 02 Dec 2001 20:22:55 +0100

> I don't think `coding' tags are disabled if you set
> enable-local-variables to nil.  Are they?

No, coding: and unibyte: are parsed independently of enable-local-variables.
So lexical-binding should be handled similarly...

Anyway, I still think overloading `let' and relying on a file scope
`lexical-binding' variable is a really bad idea.  Suppose someone
(blindly) copies a function from a file with lexical scope to a file
without [or vice versa] (or forgets to copy the necessary defvar or
defspecial) ... I can imagine all sorts of problems debugging the
outcome!!