Re: insert-string

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: insert-string
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:47:44 -0500

> I had not thought about that, but it sounds like a good idea now that
> you mention it.  The functions should be individually marked as
> obsolete as well.

I was also recently thinking that maybe we should try to output
a message whenever an obsolete package is loaded.

Something like

        (add-hook 'after-load-hook
                  (lambda ()
                    (let ((file load-file-name))
                      (and (stringp file)
                           (setq file (file-name-directory file))
                           (setq file (directory-file-name file))
                           (setq file (file-name-nondirectory file))
                           (equal file "obsolete")
                           (message "Package %s is obsolete"
                                    (file-name-sans-extension
                                     (file-name-nondirectory file)))))))

except that we don't have `after-load-hook'.

        Stefan