Re: table.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 01:46:54 -0700 (MST)

    The reason why I needed wrapper mechanism was that I was advised by
    you not to use advice in table.el, and that was because
    `describe-function' of those advised functions mislead novice users to
    table.el where there is no real information about the original
    functions.  I personally dislike this shortcoming of
    `describe-function'.

This could be a bug in advice.el.  Could you provide a simple test case?
Perhaps advice.el should do something better to construct the doc string
of the combined function.