Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 01:47:08 -0700 (MST)

    > I think it is cleaner to keep all the icons in the toolbar directory.
    > That will facilitate reuse of these icons for other purposes.

    That's not what we've been doing until now.  We have Gnus's icons in
    lisp/gnus/, and Spedbar's icons are in lisp/.

These icons are for the toolbar, so putting them in the toolbar
directory seems natural.  I am pretty sure the speedbar icons are not
used in the toolbar.  I don't use Gnus--are the Gnus icons used in the
toolbar, or in some other way?

For icons used other than in the toolbar, putting them in the toolbar
directory seems pretty much a mistake.  If the Gnus icons are used in
the toolbar, it might be a good idea to move them to the toolbar
directory just like the MH-E icons.

We could imagine putting all icons in a common directory regardless of
how they are used.  That might perhaps be a good idea, but I am not
sure, and in any case it more of change from now.