Re: replace-rectangle and string-rectangle are diverging

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: replace-rectangle and string-rectangle are diverging
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:17:40 -0700 (MST)

    > We also made a change so that it would not check delete-selection-mode, I
    > don't know the reason for that change.

            Too bad. Don't you find this was a good idea ? It's not neceesarily
    /that/ bad to shake old habbits from time to time :-)

I don't actually have an opinion about the change.  I don't know
why it was made; I don't know what the issues are.

    > Dave Love made it. Dave, do you recall the reason?

            Did he answer this ? I'm not on emacs-devel.

He did not answer.  Maybe he is not on that list.
I will ask him individually.