Re: loading message.el for two small functions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: loading message.el for two small functions
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:20:38 -0700 (MST)

    I suggest to create a file messutil.el which contains such
    functions.

It does not make sense to have a separate file for 25 lines
of code.  It is better to copy the functions.

    `messsage.el' already loads a large number of "generic" mail utility
    packages.  I suspect it would be most clean to move message-make-date
    and message-make-message-id to one of these, rename them, and make
    message.el use the new names.

Moving them to mail-utils would be ok, since smtpmail.el loads
mailutils.