Re: Merging x*, w32* and mac* sources (was Re: table.el)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Merging x*, w32* and mac* sources (was Re: table.el)
Date: 05 Dec 2001 23:27:03 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5 Dec 2001, Kim F. Storm wrote:
>
> It's possible to make this even simpler: keep the x*.c files, and make
> w32*.c and mac*.c serve as emulations of the X* functions called from
> x*.c.

I tried this approach when I started porting the new redisplay. It was
useful for getting things working initially (this is where the
XChangeGC etc functions used in w32term.c came from), but there are
many ways that Windows does things subtly different than X, so the
code ended up diverging again as bug reports came in.

--
Jason Rumney