Re: X performance suffers under emacs 21.1.1

From: Daniel Ortmann
Subject: Re: X performance suffers under emacs 21.1.1
Date: 05 Dec 2001 23:31:33 -0600

ShengHuo ZHU <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Ortmann <address@hidden> writes:

>> Gerd,

>> A mere gnus-summary buffer article using "o" also seems to be
>> automatically processing some article contents with W3; it's not just
>> images / mime content that gets processed.  Maybe that's ok.  But it
>> does leave the questions:

>> Can one efficiently "merely download" unprocessed news articles with
>> emacs using something like a summary buffer "o" action?

>> If not, should this be considered "a bug"?  (I am tempted to say
>> yes.)

> Does the attached patch work for you?

Partly.

1) Pressing o in to download in the summary buffer seems not to load the
   interactive article processing stuff (at least as far as I can tell
   by merely inspecting the minimode messages), but

2) ... After pressing o to download and THEN pressing enter to view the
   article, I expected that the article's content would be processed in
   the normal way.  I.e. I expected the image to be displayed, but the
   uuencoded text was shown instead.

--
Daniel Ortmann, 2414 30 Av NW, #D, Rochester, MN 55901
address@hidden (h)   / 507.288.7732 (h)