Could each Emacs frame utilize a thread?

From: Kevin A. Burton
Subject: Could each Emacs frame utilize a thread?
Date: 09 Dec 2001 17:22:01 -0800

OK.

For a number of reasons I think that each Emacs frame should be one thread.
There is a lot of synchronous code that depends on this (sychronous processes,
etc).

But does the *whole* emacs need to be one thread/process?

Couldn't each new frame utilize a new thread/process?

When I fetch gnus in one frame it shouldn't prohibit me from editing in another
frame.

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
             ) Location - San Francisco, CA, Cell - 415.595.9965 Jabber -

Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day;
but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued
unalterably thro' every change of ministers, to plainly prove a deliberate,
systematical plan of reducing us to slavery.  -- Thomas Jefferson