Re: storing mouse-movement events in recent-keys and keyboard macros

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: storing mouse-movement events in recent-keys and keyboard macros
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:49:51 +0200 (IST)

On 10 Dec 2001, Kim F. Storm wrote:

> Originally, I think the treatment of help-echo is there because I
> reported it (during pretest) as a problem having C-h l flooded with
> <help-echo> events.

No, the trigger was both your reports _and_ the problems with avoid.el
that I mentioned in my previous message.

> Anyway, I don't see how my changes - which only influences what is
> returned by (recent-keys) - can have an effect on mouse-avoidance-mode
> as it doesn't look at (recent-keys).

I didn't say your changes would necessarily have any influence, I just
suggested to test avoid.el, to make sure it still works after the
changes.  keyboard.c is known for its ability to defeat apriori
reasoning ;-)

> More strange, I cannot get mouse-avoidance-mode == banish to work even
> on a vintage 21.1 if I enable tooltip-gud-tips-p.

It's quite possible: I never use tooltip-gud-tips-p, so perhaps no one
yet tried to use avoid.el together with GUD tips.