Re: table.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:15:03 -0700 (MST)

    That is an interesting alternative.  However there is a slight
    difference of 4 from other three, which is that 4 is effective only to
    the command execution.  When the functions are called
    non-interactively the hooks are not executed.

That is true--if the property is on command A, and that is called
non-interactively from B which does not have the property, the
hooks will not think they need to do anything.

However, I think the approach I proposed need not have this problem.