Re: i18n/gettext?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: i18n/gettext?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:38:02 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Paul Eggert wrote:

> > quite a few are maintained by people whose release schedule is not
> > synchronized with Emacs releases, even for packages that are bundled.
>
> That's OK.  The translation templates will be generated automatically
> from whatever source code is bundled.

I wasn't talking about generating the templates, I was talking about the
translations themselves.  That's the bulk of the work when a new release
is being prepared.  Keeping the catalogs separate means we need just to
fetch the up-to-date translations from the maintainer's repository,
rather than begin coordinating the translators.