Re: highline.el v4.1

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: highline.el v4.1
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:51:21 -0200

Kevin A. Burton <address@hidden> writes:

> Vinicius Jose Latorre <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >

> > Here is highline.el version 4.1 that perhaps it'll be integrated with Emacs.
> >
> > Opinions...
> <snip>
>
> You will probably need to do some evangelizing.
>
> Emacs 21 already has hl-line which is basically like highline.el but only 20
> LOC.

Well, highline can run in local mode (the same way as hl-line), global mode
(automagically deals with all buffers) and with indirect buffer.

There is no problem with mixing local and global mode.

The indirect buffer mode is a way to someone has several "visions" of the same
buffer, but each "vision" with its own highlight.

Also, highline highlights a range of vertical lines (by default only the
current line).  You can also highlight the current line only until the end of
line, the current line until window border, from a column to end of line, from
beginning of line to a column, and a range of columns around current position
in current line.

> I used to be a BIG fan of highline.el but had to move away from it when Emacs
> 21
> came out.
>
> Is the bug fixed that caused a highline to display in a tooltip?

Sorry, I have no email about this kind of bug.  Could you give me more
information?

I've just tried highline 4.1 with Emacs 21.1.50.1 and it seems it's all right.

Vinicius