Re: Proposal: C-h C-a => apropos

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Proposal: C-h C-a => apropos
Date: 19 Dec 2001 18:17:36 +0100

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

> > C-h a runs apropos-command which is nice for the average user.
> > However, I use M-x apropos 9 out of 10 times, so I would like
> > a default binding for that as well.  I suggest C-h C-a
>
> I use C-h o (it's more in line with C-h a).

Well, it could be in line with its own group of commands

C-h C-a => apropos
C-h C-v => apropos-variable
C-h C-u => apropos-value
C-h C-s => apropos-documentation

BTW, why do C-h n (view-emacs-news), C-h C-d (describe-distribution) and
all their friends use find-file-read-only rather than view-file ?
Actually, the only command to use view-file is C-h P.